Anterior Placenta - Can this cause pain at 21 weeks pregnant?

Anterior Placenta - Can this cause pain at 21 weeks pregnant.
Hi, I'm almost 39 yrs old and currently 21 weeks pregnant with my second child. I had my second scan y'day and was told I have an Anterior Placenta, not sure what I had with my first, I was also told due to the small size of my first child 5.5llb I have to have another two scans to monitor this childs growth, that is'nt the problem. My question is can the position of the placenta cause stomache pain, I am in constant pain daily, sometimes residing for a few hours at a time which is a relief, my stomache feels really hard and very sore around my tummy button (which has started to pop out but not fully as yet) I feel really heavy but only halfway through, can you help. Thanx. petitetracy
Asked On : Tue, 18 Jan 2011