8 years old, stabbing pain in temples, chiari malformation. Treatment?

i have an 8 year old son who has recently had herrible stabbing pain in his temples. It only lasts for about a minute and then hes ok but as soon as it starts he will run to me screaming and grabbing his race. Hes just screams that it hurts. He has chiari malformation and has seen neurologists for it and as of now he does not need surgery. I didnt know if maybe that had something to do with these head pains. It makes me very nervous because they come on so fast and they are obviously very painful. Any information would help us and be very much appreciated. thank you
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012