Type 1 Arnold chiari. Had balance issues, tingling sensation, numbness, functional disorder of CNS. Suggestion?

I have been diagnosed with type 1 Arnold chiari in July 2011. I had balance issues could not walk without a frame for two months. Hospitalised for a month. Swallowing , speech and tingling and numbness down left side of body. Also bad headaches which lasted months. Don t sleep we ll. most symptoms have gone now apart from occasional headaches and nightly numbness in hands. Neurologist says it is nothing to do with chiari and that I have functional disorder of the central nervous system . I am not convinced. Chiari is 5mm herniated. What is you opinion?
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013