8 years old. Having cold, flu always, developed glomerulonephritis. Positive for influenza. Is it autoimmune disease?

My son is 8 years old. He weighs 30kg and is just around 4 foot tall. He started complaining of his legs hurting off and on at around 4. He hurts to the point that he doesn t want to walk. He has been getting sick a lot lately with what doctors have called a cold , or flu. After back to back colds he developed glomerulonephritis . He has recovered from that but continues to feel sick off and on. He had tested positive for influenza b about a week and a half ago and has gotten better until yesterday. His body started hurting again and he woke up in the middle of the night with a fever and his heart was racing, assuming because of the high temp. We went to the emergency room and they prescribed an antibiotic and asked us to keep an eye on him for the next couple of days. Over time and after numerous blood tests they still cannot figure out what s wrong with him. Could this be some sort of autoimmune disease? I, his father has MS but I am not sure if that is hereditary or not. (I guess nothing is free huh. Thanks anyway but i ll take this fee and go to another doctor who will actually see him and talk to us. Have a good day. Hope this cash cow provides enough milk to feed your family, Its hard enough I know.)
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013