36 weeks pregnant. Having irregular contractions, mild cramping. Baby still breech. Could I be dilating?

hi im 36 weeks and 3 days pregnant. i went to my obgyn and i was 1 to 2 cm dilated and cervix was still thick. i been having a lot of pain down there with irregular contractions and mild cramping.Baby is still breech. this is my third pregnancy. First was born 37 weeks and second was born at 36 weeks 5 days.Could i be dilating and my cervix thinning out since im having these cramps and pieces of mucus coming out?
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013