Is vagigal delivery risky in Breech birth conditions?

Dear Doctor, My wife is 8.1 month pregnant and recent sonography test of her indicate that it might be Breech birth. she do not want any cesarean delivery. Please help understand risk involved in such type odd delivery.
Posted Sun, 23 Mar 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: vaginal delivery is risky in such case Detailed Answer: Hello, I see that your wife does not want caesarian delivery. Hopefully, by next few weeks the baby should turn to normal vertex or head presentation. There are risks for vaginal delivery in breech presentation. Most dreaded is the umbilical cord prolapse and arm or head entrapment in an incompletely dilated cervix. This can cause foetal asyphxia or breathing difficulty in the baby any time and could be life threatening. Only a skilled obstetrician can take a risk of doing vaginal delivery in breech. Hence, Caesarian section is better. Hope this helps you. Let me know if you have doubts. Regards,