16 year old with broken tibia. Recurring pain after recovery. X-ray showing complete healing. Any advice?

My daughter is 16 and broke her tibia clean through in a soccer incident. She was in a cast and boot for a total of 3 months. She has always been very active in basketball and soccer. I am concerned about the recurring pain she experiences whenever she runs. She did not do any therapy , however she says it hurts at the location of the break rather than a muscle pain. She describes it sometimes as throbbing and then it goes away after awhile. It is not a sharp pain. What could be the reason of the pain and is it normal? Is it something she just needs to work through? I m afraid it hasn t healed even though the xrays showed it completely healed.
Asked On : Fri, 10 Aug 2012