Will high TSH level affect my baby's IQ level?

Hello Doctor, Now im 7 months pregnant.i got conceived on june-13 and my blood test were done on july-13 and it was found that my tsh levels was 12.9 but my ft3 and ft4 levels were normal. immediately i startd medication.(thyronorm 75mcg) now my tsh level is 1.9. (tsh level came down to 1.5 by month of september). my doubt is baby was in womb for nearly 6 weeks with high tsh levels,i came to know that it may affect the IQ levels of the babe..please solve my doubt
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Prasad 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: You need not be worried... Detailed Answer: Hi, At the outset, I am glad that you were detected with hypothyroid state early during pregnancy and being treated appropriately. Now about your concern; since you were treated with appropriate thyroid supplements at the earliest the chances of fetal complications are the least. Moreover organ development starts at about 6 -7 weeks; hence hypothyroid state at the 6th week has very little to almost no implications on brain development. So you need not be concerned now that you know all is well with your baby. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards
Follow-up: Will high TSH level affect my baby's IQ level? 32 minutes later
Though i started medication at the earliest.the thyroid levels would have reached normal(1.9) only after a month time after taking medication. or i have an doubt that the baby would propably start receiveing it immediately from the day i took the medicine.
Answered by Dr. Prasad 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: Supplementation is immediate.. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thyroid tablets supplements the deficient hormones immediately in few hours I would say. TSH level however need time to normalize according to the initial deficient state. Therefore I don't think you need to be worried about your child. Besides that, there are reports where hypothyroid pregnant ladies have delivered normal babies even with abnormal TSH levels. So do not be worried about your baby. Please continue with the treatment suggested. And be positive... Let me know if you need any other clarifications. Regards