Why do I feel increased heart rate, slight nausea and anxiety during night?

After eating dinner hours later I wake up at night having a bad dream ,with increased heart rate ,slight nausea and anxiety.
Only happenes at night not much during the day.
Posted Fri, 7 Dec 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 5 hours later
the dreams are not a disease, everyone of us have dreams sometimes good dreams and at other times bad ones.
Most of the dreams are not recalled and are totally forgotten.
Frightening/ecstasic dreams remain in memory because the are able to interrupt sleep. Also dreams of shallow sleep can be remembered.
Bad dreams are common when our day to day worries follow us to bed.
I hope you have been treated well for the acidity and H. pylori, but they tend to recur, if you have same symptoms then there is a need to be re-evaluated.
If you go to bed after a heavy meal then you are likely to have uncomfortable sleep and obviously bad dreams. Fast heart rate is a response to the challenges in the bad dream so is normal finding.
A good solution is take light meal at bed time preferably, and take them at 3hour before you lie down in bed. If you take some times heavy meals say in social outings then observe a gap of four hours before going to bed. It would send the food down in the gut and you would have a good sleep.
If you have much anxiety and poor sleep onset/duration of sleep then you should get prescription medicines for that in supervision of a physician of your locality.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have any follow up queries or doubts, you can forward them for me, and I shall be glad to help you.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.