What is the dosage of Pacitane for Fluanxol 3 mg?

What is the dosage of Pacitane for Fluanxol 3 mg? ( now having 6 Pacitane with 6 Fluanxol 1 mg tablets daily.)
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 46 minutes later
I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in current situation.

Fluanxol is your primary medicine. Never change its dose on her own. Some of its side effects are: tremor, rigidity and excessive salivation. Pacitane is given only to decrease these side effects of Fluanxol.

Usual dose range for Fluanxol is 2-12mg per day. Its dose depend on severity of side effects (tremor, rigidity and excessive salivation) experience by the patient. Severity of side effect can be measured by examination by treating physician.

So, dose of pacitane depend on following factors:
-Patient profile
-Dose of fluanxol
-Most important: examination finding of physician for side effects like tremor, rigidity and excessive salivation

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.
Follow-up: What is the dosage of Pacitane for Fluanxol 3 mg? 1 hour later
Doctor, thanks for your reply.
She is running the dose of 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 (each with 1mg) per day.
Now it seems inadequate. Now she feels depressed, irritant, angry, unable to control emotions. When all these happened in the past, the dosage was gradually increased and she could come back to normal.
Now the number of servings is more and it seems to be inadequate.

Her body is not too rigid. Recently rashes occurred over the skin. Scratching over the ankles, inner side of elbow, legs etc but after taking Monavie Pulse - de freezed fruit juice ( WWW.WWWW.WW , it disappeared and the skin became very clear and she could feel well. But it negatively influenced her mental balance. I think it neutralized the effect of the medicine. So she stopped the consumption of food supplement and now is returning to normal.
So can I readjust the dosage of Fluanxol like this -
Fluanxol 3mg - Morning and evening 1 tab with 3 Pacitane each.

Thanking you Sir,
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 1 hour later
Hello again,

Thanks for follow up,

Variation in symptom over a period, is the part of the illness. For that usually drug dose adjustment or addition of drug is needed.

To alter any dose, patient physical and mental status examination by trained psychiatrist is necessary. As fluanxol her primary drug, so never alter its dose on its own.

As you mentioned reappearance of depression, so you should visit her psychiatrist. Drug response also differ patient to patient, which can be best predicted by treating psychiatrist.

Hope this will help you,
Wish you good health.
Ok. Thank You Sir.
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 6 hours later
It is my pleasure to help you.