What does pre vitiligo mean? Child has white patch on foot, rashes on groin

What does pre vitiligo mean? I have a 1 Year 8 months old daughter and we have seen a white patch on her foot and couple of patches like Rashes near the groin area, how do I confirm if these are symptoms of pre vitiligo?
Posted Sun, 23 Sep 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 29 minutes later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
The pre-vitiligo is not a known medical term, rather it seems a term of less confidence i.e. you are not sure whether what you are seeing is a vitiligo or something else.
Really the lesions you are describing are not related. They are different problems I think.
You said she has a patch on her foot- may be a vitiligo. But a rash is elevated lesion and vitiligo is by definition not palpable, it is just in the skin.
It is caused by immune destruction or deficit of an enzyme that makes melanin the skin pigment.
Diagnosis is essentially clinical. An apt physician/dermatologist can diagnose it with surety just by seeing and examining it.
The rash in groin area may be a nappy rash.
Use a cotton wear and dust it with ABSORB powder if that is a possibility.
I Wish your kid a great health!