What do you think of taking cymbalta for anxiety depression for long terms but still no results?

Jun 2014

taking cymbalta-anxiety depression=last 10 years 60 mg-recently taking bupropionxl 150 mg=======avodart for enlarged prostate helped reduce size of prostate-sybicort and montelukast-but still have---long term anxiety depression and have been in therapy for many years what do think about my medications that I have been on for many years
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: Try to take another antidepressant Detailed Answer: HI thanks for using healthcare magic. I, Dr Abhishek Kapoor, would help you in this query. Cymbalta consists of duloxetine, which has very good response in somatic symptoms. If after taking 60 mg of cymbalta, you are still feeling anxiety or depression, means it is not effective in your case. Bupropion is good antidepressant, but at higher dose, chances of seizure would be increased. I think in your case, you can take another antidepressant like tianeptine or escitalopram or paroxetine. These drugs have good effect in geriatric depression. For that you can consult your psychiatrist. Rest medicine like avodort or montelukast and sybicort, you have to take. It would help to control asthmatic attack, but sybicort could increase underline depression or anxiety, but there is no good alternative. Get you ACTH and CRH level to rule out any underline hormonal abnormality. In case, you need further help, you can ask. Regards Dr. Abhishek Kapoor Psychiatrist