What diet should I take to lower SGPT level? Please refer some medication

sir , my total cholestrol is 143 and the sgot level is 38.5 and sgpt is 68.5 so which diet should i take to lower the sgpt level and my age is 34 also please refer me some medications .
Posted Thu, 20 Sep 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Enrique Molina 36 minutes later

Your total cholesterol is within normal limits; however it would also be good to know the level of your "bad" cholesterol which is the LDL, and the level of the "good" cholesterol which is the HDL too. If you have those values too, please specify them in your next follow up.

Your liver enzymes are both slightly increased in particular the SGPT.

First and foremost it is required to find out the reason why your liver enzymes are elevated in order for you to get a solution. Theoretically increased liver enzymes could be due to many reasons, including but not limited to hepatitis B, hepatitis C, fatty liver, autoimmune hepatitis, alcohol, even medications.
Medications to lower these liver enzymes are given targeting the etiology of your liver condition (for example, antivirals for hepatitis B or C, immunosuppressives for autoimmune hepatitis, diet and exercise for fatty liver, etc). That being said, the liver enzymes are not significantly elevated to trigger a panic.

Hope that answers your question. Let me know if can further assist you in this matter.