What could be the cause for burning sensation in breast from back of nipples?
User rating for this question
Hi, I'm I my mid twenties, healthy, keep active,don't smoker or drink. I have experienced twice in the last two months, burning in the breast, particularly from the nipples back. The pain on a scale of 1 to10(high) is atleast a 6 if not at times a 7. I have never experienced this before and on these two occasions e pain lasted for atleast 2 days. What could be the likely cause?
Posted Wed, 25 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Eczema, contact dermatitis , breast examination. Detailed Answer: Dear Friend, thanks for writing to us. It can be because of Eczema , Clothing irritation , Bra irritation , Soap allergy , Perfume allergy , Fungal infection , or even some times sign of breast cancer. What is required is to know that if there is any rash , redness , dryness, scaling around your nipple and areola and If there is any discharge. If it has scaling , it might be eczema. Also try to find that the two times you had the itching , did you use some different from regular cream , perfume , bra , bra detergent. In case its due to irritation , it might be red and inflammation might be there. If Eczema and local irritation is the cause , it can be easily treated my application of mild steroid , emollients , and anti-histaminics. But it's always better to be sure. Self examine your breast for any lump , if you suspect any , or otherwise also , ask a doctor for a checkup. I am saying this because you have mentioned you have a family history of cancer. i hope i am able to solve your query , in case you have any further query , please ask me.
People also viewed
- Symptoms of bacterial vaginosis
- Ovaries bulky with multiple peripheral
- Symptoms of male breast enlargement
- What causes back pain below the breast with cough
- Pcos and bulky ovary
- Bulky right ovary pregnancy
- Burning sensation at the back of the left breast suggestions
- Bulky ovaries not pcos
- Burning sensation under armpit breast toward back
- Symptoms of verrucous keratosis
- Symptoms of enteric fever
- Burning sensation in the back breast pain
- What could cause a back pain after a breast cancer
- Symptoms of lymphocytic leukaemia
- Mildly bulky right ovary in pregnancy