What causes delayed periods when results negative for pregnancy?

Mar 2016

Hi doctor, Though I missed my menstruation from the month of october 21st 2013.According to my calculation the days took for more than 45 days .So due to delay of my menstruation then i took pregnancy home test but it showed -ve result.hence still i am in confusion? Then i didn't found any symptoms in my body Why?? Then when shall i go for another pregnancy test or directly meet a OBS/GYN.
Posted Fri, 27 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer: CONSULT WITH GYNECOLOGIST AT THE EARLIEST. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us on Healthcare Magic. One blood test for beta-hCG will be helpful to confirm or exclude pregnancy in this case. Besides pregnancy, there are several reasons of missed or delayed period like hormonal imbalance, over weight, mental stress or emotional upset, Poly Cystic Ovarian Disease (PCOD), pelvic infection, irregular diet habit etc. Some relevant investigations like pelvic ultrasound scan, hormone test and blood prolactin level are required to pinpoint the diagnosis. Proper treatment depends on diagnosis of the case. SUGGESTION: Kindly, consult with gynecologist for clinical evaluation, proper guidance on relevant investigations and prescription. You may need hormonal medication to induce period. Hope, it helps for you for proper understanding. Let me know, if you need any clarification. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW