What are the underlying causes for having rashes in vagina after sex?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
I have a rash in my vaguna bug lumps irritated and along the lips I was trying to rule out what this was I've been tested I had nothing I had sex with a new person with a conform two weeks ago he looked clean! I was trying to see if this was a rash or herpes!
Posted Wed, 25 Dec 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Vaginal infection, allergy Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. The possible causes for your problem are: - Vaginal infection. But there is less possibility for herpes. Because usually herpes will present with painful vesicular lesions. - Allergy to tampons, sanitary pads, soaps, deodorants etc can present with erythema itching etc. -Allergy to the material of condom can also cause the problem, but as it is two weeks over after usage, there is less possibility for it. Better to consult gynecologist once and get examined. If she recommends go for vaginal swab culture and sensitivity. By these the possible cause for your problem can be identified and treated. If infection is found to be the cause, both partners to be treated simultaneously and intercourse should be avoided during treatment period. If allergy is the cause, avoid that possible allergens. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.

Follow-up: What are the underlying causes for having rashes in vagina after sex? 26 minutes later
Sorry I updated it with more pictures for you to see! Also A condom was used sorry for the typos my iphone does autocorrect! Its just tingly and warm I've gotten check for this before and it was nothing I don't know what to do at this point they gave me some antibiotic last time for possible infection but they didn't call back and they said if they don't its good news!

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: If symptoms persist consult gynecologist Detailed Answer: Hi, Erythema is there but there are no specific lesions representing herpes. If you had associated symptoms like discharge, itching, smell etc, there is possibility of infection. If only erythema and warmth are there, without above symptoms, there is more possibility for allergic reactions. Possibly these symptoms may subside soon. If not, better to consult gynecologist once and get examined. Sitz bath can give some relief. Take care.

Follow-up: What are the underlying causes for having rashes in vagina after sex? 13 minutes later
Yes I was thinking It was irritation I think I may be allergic to latex! This wasn't inflamed before that even though its been two weeks! I just noticed it being inflamed today but there no smell just kind of tingly no pain really! Im probably just extra sensitive!

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: Non latex condoms Detailed Answer: Hi, If the symptoms subside soon, it is good. If not consult gynecologist once. Sitz bath can give some relief. Better to use non latex condoms in future. For more details :http://srsree.blogspot.in/2013/11/barrier-contraceptives-male-condoms.html Take care.

Follow-up: What are the underlying causes for having rashes in vagina after sex? 4 minutes later
Thank you! I hope I get relief of this problem!

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Wishing the same Detailed Answer: Hi, You are welcome. Wish you speedy recovery. Take care.

Follow-up: What are the underlying causes for having rashes in vagina after sex? 1 hour later
Now that I think about it of kind of itches but not a great deal! Should I get a blood test to rule out?

Brief Answer: PCR blood test if needed Detailed Answer: Hi, Better to consult gynecologist first. If she suggests you can go for PCR blood test for herpes. This can help in detection of infection accurately. Take care.

My periods due monday so i thought it was ok as so did my obgyn with everything i took i heard my chances of bring pregnant are slim we used a condom if there was a little hole it was so small! He didnt ejaculate it was preejaculation in the condom! I just feel as if its an over load of hormones i should have thought before i did!

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Side effects of hormonal pills Detailed Answer: Hi, Yes, there is more possibility for hormonal pills side effects. But if you miss the expected date of periods, better to go for pregnancy test once. Urine pregnancy test kit usually gives accurate result after 4 to 5 days of expected date of period. Meanwhile take symptomatic treatment. Take care.