What causes intense pain in limbs,tics ,shortness of breath and uncoordinated body movements?

Had a severe allergic reaction* to a combination of prescription drugs including the following Scheduled: opioid, amphetamine, barbituate (or, was it benzodiapine?), and whatever category/categories zolpidem & phentermine may be in. *Severe allergic reaction occured in September 2013 and I haven't been the same since: currently experience extremely intense stabbing pain in any or all of my 4 limbs (on intermittent and at occassional times); tics or kind of jerky and/or involuntary body movements; occassional shortness of breath; clumbsiness; uncoordinated body movements (coordination is "off "), sometimes including balance &/or gait); taste buds have changed (?) with result being a bitter taste often in my mouth; and, speech--difficulty pronunciating some words in-full (leave out a syllable and pronounce 'elephant ' like "el-phont "); and, now, I lisp, and "involuntarily" labour on the "th " sound. Additionally, I have far greater difficulty in spelling words correctly when handwriting. Last but not least, instead of drawing a clock with its numbers and hands to indicate 11:10, my hands were 3:00. My eyes, hand, & brain drew 11:10 and for a moment (even immediately after drawing), the image on paper was 11:10. Satisfied, I looked away for but a glance and when I looked back at my drawing, I had in reality drew 3:00 and was amazed that its not normal for me (not my baseline) to do such a thing; and, to me, noticing/seeing/being aware that, in the end, I did not draw the 11:10 version was in itself abnormal, in my opinion. What to do here? Local providors state this situation is very exceptional. I don't find this very reassuring! Meanwhile, how do I seek out relief. I'm not drug-seeking: my biggest mistake was following every doctor order to a " T ", without question and in unbridled trust of their expertise and specialty. I made every effort for transparency & coordination of care by hauling all my meds from dr to dr, staying within the same health system, using the same pharmacy, and trying (in essence) to keep everyone on the same page.... In short, I'm a product of a system that failed me. Though I can't show you, I bare my pearly whites and tell the locals: "Do these look like meth teeth to you!?!" Its all been a living nightmare. They all go home to their lives as normal, while my life has been uprooted as if by a tornado. Where it will all " land ", no one knows. Unbelievable. No one seems to get a very simple principle: this is MY LIFE, here. Ironic how at mid-life I have never even smoked pot/tried a joint. This world we live in is increasingly becoming more unfathomable.
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Omer 2 days later
Brief Answer: You are a patient of withdrawal syndrome Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Koppinger I am Dr.Omer and I am here to help you with your query I have seen a lot many patients like you suffering from Withdrawal symptoms of multiple drugs First of all you are a patient of polypharmacy i.e taking cocktail of medicine. The medicine you were taking like amphetamine , barbiturates , benzodiazepines and opiods , all these medicine play with your brain neurotransmitters like serotinin , dopamine and GABA Are you a patient of insomnia , bipolar disorder or ADHD? What you described is hyperkinetic disorder , confusion , dysartharia , restless and agitation.All are the symptoms of abrupt withdrawal of your multiple neurotransmitter drugs. Hyperkinetic disorder or tics when present are aggravated by withdrawal of these drugs including change in taste and postural instability. Withdrawal symptoms if treated late get permanent . But if you get a psychiatrist review he will start treating your withdrawal symptoms with SNRI like venlafaxine or fluoxetine + counselling. You need to get MRI brain with contrast to rule out Multiple sclerosis , induced by sudden withdrawal of these drugs especially amphetamine and barbiturate.So a neurophysician consult will be required I have been reading your query for last 2 days , hope this explains and helps you with your problems , i know you dont trust medical professionals now , just do what i said as the last thing and that will resolve atleast 70% of your symptoms Take care , feel free to ask any further questions