Took primolut n. Missing periods. Is there any chances of pregnancy?

May 2013
I started taking Primolut N 3 days begore my periods date. I have not had my period even 7 days after stopping it. I suspect that I might be pregnant. Can getting pregnant a day after stopping Primolut N have adverse effect on the fetus? What are the chances of having a healthy baby?
Posted Tue, 11 Dec 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later

If you had unprotected intercourse around the time of your ovulation then there is possibility for pregnancy.
So you once undergo either urine test or preferably blood test for pregnancy to rile out that possibility.
If test comes negative better to consult gynecologist and get evaluated for the cause of delayed periods.
As delayed periods can occur due to many causes like poly cystic ovary disease, stress and strain, weight changes, thyroid abnormalities etc, better to get evaluated.
Primolut N belongs to category D drugs in pregnancy.
So if the pregnancy test comes positive better to continue the pregnancy with regular checkups and ultrasound examinations to detect ant possible abnormality at the earliest.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.