Took paracetamol for fever. Have swollen nose and mouth. History of sinus and thalassemia. Suggestion?

I am having high fever 104F along with back wall of the region beteween nose & mouth swollen. The fever accompanies chills & doesnt go with paracetamol. Only brufen helps to lessen it. I already have a history of sinus & thalassemia minor (beta). Also when the fever rises i have severe headache & dizziness. Please suggest what should be done.
Posted Sun, 17 Mar 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 2 hours later

Thanks for the query,

The common causes of fever with chills are malaria, bacterial infection. Please note that fever will come down and will relapse until the exact cause of fever is identified.

I advise you to undergo evaluation in a medical centre. The physician will review your clinical symptoms and examine you to localize the source of infection. Investigations that will help are blood counts, smear for parasites, urine microscopic examination and X-ray. These tests will help us narrow down the possibilities. The treatment will depend upon the cause.

Hope I have clarified your query

Please get back to me if you have any questions.

Best wishes