Took ipill after unprotected sex. Started lower abdominal pain. Side effects of medicine?

Good
Question
My Wife took "i-pill" just within 1 hr of unprotected sex on night of 11th November. On 12th she was having little pain in lower abdomen. But Today on 13th morning she is having so much pain in lower abdomen. Please tell us whether there is any side effect of the pill. Will the risk of pregnancy be there. Should we go for some further test or not. Please help.
Posted Sat, 29 Dec 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 1 hour later
Hi.

Thank you for putting up your problem to Healthcare Magic!
i-pill can have side effects like irregular period, spotting, pain abdomen, nausea & vomiting.
Just one day after unprotected sex she can not have pregnancy induced pain abdomen.
However to rule out pregnancy get her serum beta HCG test done.
If pregnancy test is negative then she must be having pain due to side effect of i-pill & that will be relieved by taking antispasmodic.
So consult your doctor for local examination & to rule out pregnancy.
I hope your query has been answered.
I will be available for your further queries.

Follow-up: Took ipill after unprotected sex. Started lower abdominal pain. Side effects of medicine? 7 minutes later

Thanks for the suggestion.

Actually she is having pain just like that pain which she has at the time of period.

I want to confirm that whether that pain is just for side effect of that pill.

Will there any other harm by using I-Pill?

Her period due date is around 25th.

Please suggest me a medicine also if that should be given further.

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 31 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX
welcome back.
i-pill can prepone or postpone period by one week.
These pills can cause pain abdomen, nausea, vomiting & bloating sensation also.
Without any further investigation we can not be sure that pain is due to pill or anything else.
Give her some antispasmodic like meftal-spas if pain is subsided means it is due to pill & there can be possibility of getting her period in 2-3 days.
If it is not relieved consult your doctor for local examination & get further investigations like ultrasound whole abdomen & CBC count.
I hope I have answered your query.
Thank you.

Follow-up: Took ipill after unprotected sex. Started lower abdominal pain. Side effects of medicine? 53 minutes later
Thanks Dr.

Please tell me that after taking I-pill, what is the chance of getting pregnant?

If she does not take any medicine for pain then how long that pain will remain??

Because the pain is some better than morning.

Till now there is no bleeding. Is this also probability for bleeding (except period) after taking I-pill.

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 15 minutes later
welcome back.
After taking i-pill chances of getting pregnant are 13percent.
If she does not take medication pain can persist for 1or 2 days more.
Yes, there can be intermenstrual bleeding or spotting.
If you are satisfied with my answer please close the discussion.