Took 3 required doses for hepatitis B vaccination. Is it required to take booster dose?

Regading Hepatitis B vaccination - I already took the 3 required doses for vaccination in year 2000 (12 years back). But could not take the booster dose.
Am i still required to undergo the vaccination now?
Posted Mon, 27 Aug 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sourav Ganguly 23 hours later
Most of the cases 3 doses of Hepatis B vaccines give lifelong protection. If anyone missed booster doses then there is only 0.5% chance of getting infected in the future.
Centers for disease control and prevention (CDC), USA recommend doing blood test for antibody titer ( Anti-Hbs IgG) and if it is above 10 international units then no need to take the booster but if it less than 10 IU then you have to take the boosters. If you take a booster now, you'll need a booster every 5 years.
So please consult your physician to get the test done.
Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any further questions I will be happy to help

Best wishes,
Dr Sourav Ganguly