Taking taper. When can I expect withdrawal symptoms?

Tonight will be my last night of my taper - .125 mg at bedtime. Can you please tell me when I can expect withdrawal symptoms to start and when will they be at their worst. I believe that I have read too many horror stories online and am anxious about what is to come. I was not on the Clonazepam long and a low dose - .25 mg 2x per day. Do you have some advice for me?
Posted Wed, 14 Aug 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 1 hour later

I am dr XXXXXXX and I will try my level best to help you.

As I understand you are on a taper down dose of clonazepam from .25 mg twice daily to .125mg and now going off of that too. And concern about the withdrawal symptoms.

Well you did what is the most efficient way to taper down and hopefully you will not have withdrawal symptoms. But still a little bit of things will change for you.

May be an anxiety like feeling, irritability, insomnia (difficult to fall asleep), some tremors (hands shaking) and it will be mostly gone in about week or two in most of my patients. But nothing major which is worrisome at this point in time.

Hope it helps to relive some way anxiety about withdrawal symptoms.

Thanks for the query. Please feel free to contact me in case of any further concerns.

Follow-up: Taking taper. When can I expect withdrawal symptoms? 5 minutes later
Thank you for your reply. I feel better hearing this from you. I am not going to go online and read any more horror stories!

Again, thank you.
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 1 hour later

Welcome back, I am glad that I was able to give relief to you.

Thanks for having trust in me appreciating us.