Taking oxazepam and nitrazepam. Can benzodiazepines be detected in urine test?

I have an important question for anyone who has sufficient, knowledge and expertise on the matter.
I am on the Buprenorphine program and I am prescribed oxazepam and nitrazepam.
My doc became aware that I had been using Xanax, and now I have to submit to a weekly urine drug screen.
So my question is. Since I am on prescribed benzos from the doc, does the Urine screen pick up individual benzo's, or does it simply say + or -.?
I live in Australia and have my tests done in Melbourne. I had a test today and then had a fair few clonazepam tablets (pretty much straight away)
So will this show up in 1 week when I have to have a test? or will it just indicate that the presence of benzodiazepines?
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 2 hours later
Hi there, thanks for asking. As you mentioned these kits can show many benzodiazepines specifically. Their structure is specific and they could be detected separately. Clonazepam has a long half life ans it could be detected until 4 to 5 half life. Its half life in between 24 and 28 hours depending on the person's metabolism. Let me know if you have any other question. I wish you a good health.
Follow-up: Taking oxazepam and nitrazepam. Can benzodiazepines be detected in urine test? 4 minutes later
So in answering my question, if i took the clonazepam today,it wont show up in 1 week?
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 4 minutes later
Hi there, It probably will show up since we do not have any information about your liver metabolism. If you count 5 in 48 hours, it could be 10 days more or less.