Ask a Dentist   »  

Taking Droxyl and Flexon after wisdom tooth extraction. Is Droxyl the right medicine?

My extreme left wisdom tooth was extracted on the evening of 24/8/2012 back by a dentist. He initially recommended only pain killer and prescribed Droxyl 500 only if pain persists, but pain did not go away so from 27/8/2012 I started taking Droxyl and withdrew the pain killer (Flexon). But pain still remains, do you feel Droxyl is the right medicine / antibiotics? Do I continue to take pain killer (pain is not unbearable)?
Posted Fri, 14 Sep 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 59 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

When you started antibiotic Droxyl, you might have continued Flexon as well, as both are different things.

Until antibiotic work, pain remains so you continue painkiller.

Flexon apart from pain reliever work as anti-inflammatory agent as well, so continue both for 2 days more.

Droxyl 500 is good antibiotic.

Hope, I answered your query. If you have further query or clarification, please ask. I will be happy to help. Wish you speedy recovery.