Taking Abilify 30 mg and clozaril 400 mg. Remains restless with OCD and with delusions. What can be done?

How much abilify can be taken with clozaril 400 mg? Right now my brother takes Abilify 30 mg and clozaril 400 mg but he remains restless with OCD and some delusions
Posted Sat, 13 Jul 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Nehal Shah 1 hour later
Thanks foe using healthcare magic.

I have gone through your history.

Abilify contains aripiprazole. Standard dose of aripiprazole is 15 mg to 45 mg per day . But sometimes patients may require 60mg also.

It can be added to clozapine 400mg. Both drug may cause sedation as a side effect so be aware of it.

Please note that clozapine may cause obsessive symptoms so you may consult his psychiatrist for detailed evaluation.
If it is clozapine induced , dose need to be reduced.

Your doctor may evaluate for adding anti obsessive agents if needed.

I hope I have addressed your concern.

Feel free to revert to me in case if you have any query.