Suffering from severe headache. Been vomiting. Have chronic fungal sinusitis. Allergic to antiimmflamatories. Suggest?

ENT Specialist
Question
I am on vacation and suffering from a severe headache. I have been vomiting since 3am i have chronic fungal sinusitus and am allergic to antiimmflamatories

I need pain relief but can only take tylenol. Tylenolnot working need desperate help
Posted Fri, 30 Aug 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 23 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

1. Headache, vomiting, chronic fungal sinusitis and allergy to anti-inflammatory medication should require a visit to a doctor, even if you are on vacation.

2. If Tylenol is not working (and you are allergic), you may take other pain-killers such as NSAIDs (symptoms.

4. The vomiting may be controlled with metoclopramide (Reglan) or ondensetron (Emset). The vomiting may also be due to gastritis caused by the Tylenol taken on a empty stomach.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.

Regards.

Follow-up: Suffering from severe headache. Been vomiting. Have chronic fungal sinusitis. Allergic to antiimmflamatories. Suggest? 44 minutes later
I dont want to go to the er. I can take tylenol norco hydrocodone i have usef those in the past for this condition. Can you wgite me a prescription for one of those? Just enough to get me home on monday then i can see my doctor

Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 12 hours later

Thank you for writing back.

1. If your vomiting has stopped, you may any painkiller that you have with you (after meals) or get an OTC painkiller.

2. You may also take regular plain steam inhalation (half an hour), OTC nasal decongestant drops and an anti-allergic decongestant or mucolytic medication.

3. You will probably require a local doctor's prescription.

4. Your location (which is usually on the site) is not functional today, hence specific local brand names (even the OTC) are difficult to suggest.

Regards.