Suffering from back pain. What medication should be done?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
If someone suffering from back pain what he suppose to do and what medicine he will take ?
Posted Tue, 30 Oct 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Rajesh Gajwani 18 hours later

Back pain can be due to lot of reasons. Most commonly, it is due to muscle spasm caused due to improper stretching of back muscles due to faulty posture while sleeping or wrong work posture as well.

Ideally, the patient needs to visit a physiotherapist for a couple of sessions and also take any good muscle relaxant drug along with application of topical local analgesic spray/ointment for relief. Even hot fomentation will help in reducing/eliminating the pain.

If the pain persists, I would strongly recommend you to visit an orthopedic surgeon.

If you have any more queries, I’ll be happy to help.