Suffer polymyalgia rheumatica. Having pain and cannot sleep. Started prednisone. Can I take vicadine? Side effects of prednisone?

I have just started prednisone yesterday, ten mgs four times a day. Is it safe to take my usual vicadine as I am still in great pain and cannot sleep. What about OTC pain killers? I am worried about the prednisone and side effects but I suffer greatly with polymyalgia rheumatica. Thank you for your time. XXXXXXX brown.
Posted Wed, 26 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 33 minutes later

There have been no documented drug reactions with prednisone and vicodin (acetaminophen and hydrocodone) use. Although, you should use it with caution and report to the ER if you experience any symptoms.

Prednisone does have a few side effects, but when prescribed to patients with polymyalgia rheumatica, the benefits outweigh the risks.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would gladly help you.

Best wishes.