Suddenly started feeling nauseated, sweating and increased heart rate. Should I consult a doctor?

Spine Surgeon
My sister, XXXXXXX, age 57, who survived a serious subdurhal (sp) arachnoid bleed three years ago, was just fine an hour ago. Then, upon bending over to scoop up some wall "mud" from a large bucket, she very suddenly became extremely dizzy, then nauseated, began sweating, got very warm, noticed her heart rate increased somewhat. She sat down on the floor; she says that she feels very lethargic, wanting to close her eyes and wanting XXXXXXX over and over....also feels some heaviness in her shoulders. Should I take her to the er?
Posted Tue, 20 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. S K Mishra 51 minutes later
Was it a subarachnoid hemorrhage you mean.?
Was Angiography of brain was done.?
Is she hypertensive or having other chronic illness.?
You should take her to Emergency, yes.
Let me know if you have further information or questions.

Follow-up: Suddenly started feeling nauseated, sweating and increased heart rate. Should I consult a doctor? 2 hours later
Yes, it was a subarachnoid hemorrhage that she had before, and she was told at that time that she was very fortunate, not only just to have survived, but also to have most of her cognitive functions still intact. We were very grateful for that, and, of course, but this was the first episode that she has had in three years and it scared us! She refused to go to the ER, but did allow me to take her to a day clinic, and they checked all of her vitals, etc. Her BP was moderately high for her: 148/80...........Everything else checked OK, and thus, we came home. I am watching her carefully as she just seems a bit overly tired now. When she had the bleed 3 years ago, they had to drill her head in the ER, which probably saved her life and she spent two weeks in Zale Lipshey (sp) in Dallas. Her doctor said that she was in the very small percentage that survives as well as she did!.........If any other symptoms reappear, I will take her to the ER, whether she wants to go or not!.....Thank you so much for your reply and advice, Dr. XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. S K Mishra 6 hours later

Most likely she had a syncopal attack. I am pleased to know that she is better now.

Since that was the first episode, you may wait and observe. And yes, visit the ER if she has problems again.

Hope you had a good experience on this forum. I will be available for help if you need any.
Do close this discussion if there are no further follow ups. Also please rate your experience.

Best Wishes