Stomach pain post eating followed by headache, cramping, soft and foul smelling stools. History of anxiety issues, herniated disc. Help?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Question
Couple hours after eating dinner last night I got really bad stomach pain in lower abdomen. I fell asleep and woke up with a headache and stomach pain and cramping. I had one normal bowel movement since 9 this morning the rest have been yellow soft stools amd they smell very foul. I was worried I had taken to much Tylenol and that's what it was but I haven't taken over 5 grams of it. I take synthroid and .5mg klonopin at 4 am then at 7am I take 15 mg percocet t 11am I take .5mg klonopin at 1:30pm I take 20mg percocet at 5 pm I take 1.5mg klonopin and then at 7:30pm I take 20 mg percocet then 3 hours later I take another 20mg percocet. I usually take between 60-80 mg percocet a day. I have anxiety problems as well as severe whiplash and herniated discs.
Posted Sat, 8 Jun 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 2 hours later
Hi

Thanks for writing in

Information provided by you clearly points to some form of GI infection

Take plenty of fluids orally

Add a probiotic twice a day for five to seven days

If this does not help, go for a stool examination and accordingly start antibiotic as per the sensitivity report

Hope this helps
Do write back in case of concern
Wishing you a healthy life ahead

Follow-up: Stomach pain post eating followed by headache, cramping, soft and foul smelling stools. History of anxiety issues, herniated disc. Help? 8 minutes later
Thank you! I was worried which added to my anxiety that I had taken to much tylenol but I dont even hit 4 grams and then i was worried it could be to much percocet with recent dose change and being on klonopin. So i have had severe anxiety all day! What kind of probiotics do you recommend.

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 5 hours later
Hi

Thanks for writing in for followup

Any good OTC probiotic should do, online forums do not allow prescribing medicines without examining the patient

Hope this helps
Do write back in case of concern
Wishing you a healthy life ahead