Sprained foot and swelling appeared. Is it safe to take Hifenac-P?

I sprained by foot yesterday. It is swollen. I can walk with slight bearable pain. But the swelling is ugly. Someone at work recommended Hifenac-P. Is it safe to take?
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 13 minutes later
Hi Archna.

As I can see from picture you had developed swelling of ankle.

You can take hifenac-P which is combination of acelofenac and paracetamol and will relieve your pain.
But, before taking the medicine, make sure that you are not allergic to any of its contents. I suggest you to get yourself evaluated by doctor as physical examination is required to rule out any fracture or foot elevated.
-Do not rub any medication.
-Take hifenac-p for pain relief, after meals.

Hope I answered you query, if you have any other question I would be glad to help.

Wishing you speedy recovery.
God bless!!