Spasm like pain in ribcage area. Feeling electric shock in right foot. What supplement do you suggest?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Having a stabbing pain right side proxsimity ribs meet back. also spasm like pain both rib cage areas. Also pain in right foot at bottom feels likd electric shock
Posted Thu, 21 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: Pain killer like ibuprofen will help. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. The pain like you have described seems to be a musculoskeletal pain due to an inflammation or a muscle spasm. Most of the times such pains can be relieved by taking rest and mild pain killers like ibuprofen. Doing a hot fomentation in the painful area will also help. In case the pain is persistent for more than 3 days then you may get some muscle relaxants prescribed from your physician. The pain in the foot with an electric shock like feeling can be due to a vitamin B 12 deficiency or a mild nerve root compression at the level of lumbar spine. Taking proper supplements will be helpful. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal.

Follow-up: Spasm like pain in ribcage area. Feeling electric shock in right foot. What supplement do you suggest? 25 minutes later
What supplement do u suggest?

Brief Answer: Methylcobalamin 1500 mcg daily. Detailed Answer: Hello. Thanks for writing again. You can take methylcobalamin 1500mcg daily at bed time for two weeks at least and see if there is an improvement in the symptoms. Hope my answer is helpful. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health. Regards