Smoker. Experiencing chest pain and tightness, sneezing a lot. X-ray done. Any suggestion?

Hi , I am 28 and a smoker. For the last few weeks , I am experiencing irritating chest pains, and chest tightness. I also have a mucus which comes and goes, but this has increased over the last few weeks. Sometimes i also get some small tiny black particles in my phelgm and there is some chest irritation also. I have been trying to substantially reduce the smoking and stop. Also at times I sneeze a lot. Please suggest. For your info, I had done a chest xray some months back which was all right.
Posted Tue, 14 Aug 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 19 minutes later

Thanks for the query

It looks like you are suffering from a lower levofloxacin for 5 days. Anti histamines like levocetrizine can help you with the cough symptoms and a cough syrup with a brochodilator to help you with the chest pain and irritation.
At this point I would advice you to aprroach a physician for an examination to rule out pneumonia. Another x XXXXXXX might not be required if the chest on ausculation is clear. Please do not neglect the issue.

Also please follow these advices

1. Avoid smoking
2. Avoid excercise till you are better
3. Avoid cold beverages
4. Avoid milk and milk products

I hope I have answered your query, if there are no further queries please accept my answer
I wish you a speedy recovery
Follow-up: Smoker. Experiencing chest pain and tightness, sneezing a lot. X-ray done. Any suggestion? 55 minutes later
Hi ,
Can you please list me some medicines which I can have in between.
Thanks for your advise.
Would be going for a physician soon and will update you.
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 10 minutes later

Thanks for replying

I have listed the medications in the earlier post. Antibiotics like levofloxacin 500 once a day and antihistaminics like levocetrizine at night for the cough. Ambrolite s is an ideal syrup for your condition. But since I have not examined you I would like you to approach a physician before starting these medicines. Please do not consider this as my prescription to you

I hope I was help.