Should i be concerned with these blood test values?

My mother-in-law has an ESR count of 95, WBC count of 12800 and hemoglobin count of 10.8. Is there cause to worry?
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: Needs Evaluation. Provide me more details. Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. Hi , I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern. Yes , there is some problem. 1. ESR is raised - means there is some inflammation going on in the body. 2. Hemoglobin is Slightly low - Anemia is there. (Anemia can also cause a rise in ESR , but not this much) 3. WBC Count is also slightly raised - Might be because of some infection. I need to know following details : 1. What cancer she had and what treatment she got for that? 2. You must be having previous investigations too , please share them with us. 3. Any other medical disease she has? 4. Any joint pain especially small joints like of hands and wrist , oral ulcer , any frequent redning of eyes , any rash?? 5. Any cough with expectoration , Fever , Weight loss? 6. Is she is diabetic or hypertensive? 7. Need to see her Chest Xray , Kidney and Liver Function tests. Also , if you have any of her other investigations like Ultrasound Abdomen , Iron Profile , Blood Picture, please share. I need to know all this because ESR is significantly high. If you trust your laboratory for reports , then there is some problem , that we need to find as there is a long list of causes of such a high ESR. Please review with the answers of questions i have asked and all her investigations old and new. This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you have any other query you may please ask me. Stay Healthy. Dr Anshul Varshney , MD