Severe pain in the right chest. What does this indicate?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
have severe pain in the right chest from this morning, sometime when I lift my hand or move the body it pains, pls suggest
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: Seems to be muscle strain Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us The fact that your pain is occuring with movements indicates a muscle strain. Any strained muscle when stretched gives severe pain. I advice you to follow the below mentioned guidelines - * Give adequate rest to the involved muscle group and avoid any movement that causes pain * Ice packing once in every 2 hours over the affected area * Once the acute pain subsides, Moist heat application over the affected muscle to relax the muscles * Local application of muscle relaxant gel * Analgesic medications as needed If your symptoms are not getting better with the above measures, I suggest you to consult an orthopaedic surgeon for further evaluation and management. Hope this helps you. If you have any further queries I am happy to answer, if no kindly close the query. Wishing you good health... Regards.