Severe itching on penis, rashes on scratching. What could it be?

Dermatologist
Question
doctor recently i felt strong inching on my penis and around my tights and when i use my fingers to scratch it,its turns to rushes on my tights,but on my penis it swallow..what could that be...
Posted Mon, 10 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 4 hours later
Hi
Thanks for your query

From your description of the events, I suspect that you are having fungal infection involving the groin region.

It would be very helpful if you can take some close up pictures of the same and upload them here on this page. Alternatively, you can email them to attachments@healthcaremagic with reference to Dr Geetika.

Now coming to your skin condition, I would like to know if there is any redness or any skin lesions in the region. Fungal infections of the groin are quite common in hot climate due to excessive skin sweating.

For treatment, topical application of antifungals like clotrimazole twice a day has to be done.

Avoid using any kind of oil or creams over the affected area.
Keep the area clean and dry.

Wear cotton undergarments to decrease sweating.

Hope it helps.
Waiting for your response.

Dr Geetika Paul