Severe abdominal pain. Having late period. What is it?

May 2013
pain and bleeding my period was late and I've had abdominal pain for 2weeks now and I had a blood clot drop last night then the bleeding stopped and started again this after noon since then I've been bleeding through a pad an hour could it be my period or could something else be wrong
Posted Sat, 4 May 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 10 minutes later
You didn't mention details about your age and parity.
If there is possibility of pregnancy, better to get checked for it.
Better to consult gynecologist once and go for pregnancy test.
If the test comes positive, go for ultrasound to find out the gestational age and to rule out ectopic pregnancy etc.
If the test comes negative, she can examine you to find out the possible cause for abdominal pain and bleeding.
If that is menstrual bleed only, the cause of the delay like poly cystic ovary disease etc.can be find out by examination and ultrasound.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.