Scratching eye during sleep. How to get relief?

scratch eye during sleep. XXXXXXX analgesic. TOPICAL
Posted Sun, 10 Mar 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 2 hours later
thanks for your question and using healthcare magic. Would love to know if the scratching is exclusively during sleep or some other time of the day. Also knowing whether is it only one eye that itches or both eyes is important. Have you noticed any changes in the color of your eyes, say becoming more and more red or do you have any eye discharge when you get up from bed. Is this the first time experiencing this or its habitual?
However, itches in the eye and pain will require certainly an antiinflammatory drug, which has both anti inflammatory and analgesic properties. Combinations of topic drugs with these effects are widely available. Maxidrol eye drops or Indocid eye drops could be helpful. However, you notice any other worries, or associated symptoms to the questions I just asked above that you might need some clarifications, do not hesitate asking any further questions, I shall be honored suggesting some help.
Best regards and I wish you the best of health,
Luchuo, MD.