Reslessness, breathlessness lack of energy. Have alcohol everyday. Is it related?

i drink 200ml sotch every day, recently i am feeling restless and sometime out of breath and less energy
Posted Tue, 17 Jul 2012 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 10 hours later

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Important aspects of your query are:
•     38 year old male
•     Drinking Scotch 200ml per day
•     Complaints of: restlessness, breathing difficulty and lack of energy.

You case is interesting and but difficult too. I will try to give my best effort to help you in this problem.

I would like to consider multiple possibilities in following hierarchy:
•     Alcohol induced anxiety and depression may lead to similar symptoms
•     Independent anxiety and depression disorder
•     Vitamin deficiency: Start multi vitamins as they are easily available. Daily alcohol use lead to vitamins deficiency.
•     Thyroid related problem: get thyroid hormonal assay done

Following steps will help you in management:
-Consultation from psychiatrist for deaddiction and above symptoms
-Slowly stop alcohol use. Reduce amount of alcohol 10 ml per day. It will minimize withdrawal.
-Start multivitamins

Final message to you: Do not worry about symptoms, follow above advice, visit psychiatrist, stop alcohol use and take multi vitamins.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.
Follow-up: Reslessness, breathlessness lack of energy. Have alcohol everyday. Is it related? 13 hours later
Just wondering?? I have to consult psychiatrist? i wasted Rs. 149 defintiely this is is a bougs site as i was told by my credit card provider, the moment i paid my credit card service provider called me to confirm if i did the transaction and asked me not to use for sites like this.. anyway i will spred the news in all forums at least daily i will reduce 5 to 10 payers for you
Hello again,

Thanks for follow up,

We did not intent to offend you.

I advised you to visit psychiatrist as I am suspecting these symptoms due to anxiety (which is very common with alcohol) and alcohol (de addiction done by psychiatrist).

Daily use of alcohol (200ml) is harmful for body in multiple ways. Your problem may also related to alcohol related complication like: Liver dysfunction. In that case also first step is stopping alcohol.

You may also need some investigations like: liver function test, complete blood count, thyroid function test, blood sugar level and other tests depending on physical examination.

Sometime diagnosis is difficult in medical science even after investigations. In such cases we have to start with most probable causes. If you have some doubt regarding some specific problem in your case then let me know.

Wish you good health