Raised sore on elbow and knee with puss in it. How to cure it?

I have a big raised sore on my elbow and knee. the knee has really gotten bad. i keep squeezing juice and pus out then cover it now it looks like a piece of raw chicken fat coming out of the center of a gigantic crater. gigantic being about 5/8 in around. my elbow doesnt look as bad but the mound doesnt go down when i squeeze it. i m out of town for a week so i cant see my doctor til then. im getting worried
Posted Mon, 1 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Imraan Hussain 1 hour later

Thanks for your query on XXXXXXX

Sorry to hear about your condition.

It seems that the skin over the knee is getting infected and for this you must clean your wound with normal saline and apply povidone iodine on this.

I also recommend that you may take tab amoxicillin 625mg thrice a day for 5 days after consultation with a physician.

Keep the wound open so that it will heal soon.

I hope that your query is answered. If you have any other, I would be happy to answer .
Wishing you a speedy recovery.