Pregnant. Can use fetal Doppler every day?

Hello Doc,

My wife is 14 weeks pregnant. can she use fetal Doppler every day. I read online about using it for daily use is not good. Do we need to limit twice per week.

Posted Tue, 25 Jun 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 33 minutes later
The use of fetal doppler is completely safe during the pregnancy but its daily use at 14 weeks is not required in the absence of any complications like pain abdomen or bleeding. Right now listening to the fetal heart beat twice every week is sufficient. After 18 weeks, she is likely to start perceiving the fetal movements which is a better guide for fetal well being.
It is best to use it for monitoring the fetal heart rate regularly in case there is any lower abdominal pain.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing your wife a good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.