With reference to the ultrasound report is normal delivery possible and should I wait for labor pain?

Question
my LMP is 18 April 2013 and EDD 25 XXXXXXX 2014. my ultrasound report : single cord around the neck of the fetus. anatomically normal but large head. Baby movement is normal. Doctor suggets operation. My Question: 1. Do i need to wait for labor pain and then go for operation or i can go any time from now ? 2. Is there any risk if i wait till labor pain ? 3. How can i know that cord is lose or tight 4. Is there any chances if cord get away from neck automatically 5. Is normal delivery possible in such conditions ?
Posted Wed, 22 Jan 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: you can wait till term if baby is ok Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. In first pregnancy fetal head gets entered in pelvic cavity after 38 weeks & if it gets eneterd in cavity you can take trial of labour, If your are getting good fetal movements means greater than 12 movements per day you can wait till labour pains or till 25th January. But you would have to undergo CTG ( cardiotocography) twice weekly. Whether cord is loose or tight can be detected during ultrasound by radiologist. In preterm condition there are chances that cord gets reversed, however in term pregnancy it is very rare that it will get away. You can undergo trial of labour in higher centre where all facilities are available like cardiotocography machine for continuous fetal heart rate monitoring during labour & well equipped operation theatre where emergency caesarean can be taken at any time. I hope your queries have been answered. Regards,

Follow-up: With reference to the ultrasound report is normal delivery possible and should I wait for labor pain? 47 hours later
Now gynecologist is saying baby position has been reversed. What does it mean? do we need to for next ultrasound?

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Get an ultrasound scan done Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Welcome back. Reversed position means initially downward part of fetus was head, now fetus has rotated & downward part is feet. It is better to get one ultrasound scan done before undergoing any intervention. Take care

Follow-up: With reference to the ultrasound report is normal delivery possible and should I wait for labor pain? 8 minutes later
If this is the position then normal delivery is possible? at this time fetus rotates or head becomes fix at any position ? is there possibility it will again rotate?

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 17 hours later
Brief Answer: Normal delivery is not possible in breech presenta Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Welcome back. If baby is having feet presentation, normal delivery is not possible. Your baby is having 37 weeks gestation & at this age frequent rotation is not possible. So get one ultrasound scan done to detect exact position of fetus if it is breech means footlings just think about caesarean section & if position is normal means head presentation you can undergo trial of labour. Take care

Follow-up: With reference to the ultrasound report is normal delivery possible and should I wait for labor pain? 22 hours later
On 5th january ultrasound report shows : A single live intrauterine fetus with longitudinal lie and cephalic presentation is seen at the time of eaxamination BPD: 97MM 39 WKS 6DAYS HC: 344MM 39 WEEKS 6DAYS AC: 324MM 36 WKS 2 DAYS FL: 70 MM 36 WKS 2 DAYS EFBW 3116+455gm Placenta is posterior and high in position .Maturing grade 3 FHR 140bpm Amniotic fluid normal in quantity Foetal spine right lateral and posterior loop of cord seen around neck Is everything normal ? should i wait for labor pain ? can u tell me the approx. date of labor pain ?

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Fetus is in normal position Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome back. Fetus is in normal position with adequate amount of liquor & good weight. You can wait for labour pains till 25th January & if still not getting pains you can go for induction of labour. However during labour you would have to be vigilant as there is cord around neck & baby can undergo distress at any time. If there will be fetal distress then you would have to undergo caesarean section. Take care