Planning for a baby. Is it safe to take rabium plus and telekast - l for cough?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
If some one is taking these medicine (Rabium Plus and Telekast - L) for bad cough and if she expecting pregnancy ..then these medicines are safe for her ??
Posted Mon, 6 Aug 2012 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later
hi XXXXXX,

Rabium plus contains rabeprazole which is an antacid and Telekast- L contains montelukast which can be used as anti-allergic,

these two drugs belongs to Category- B drugs in pregnancy,
means animal studies showed no adverse effects on fetal growth but sufficient human studies are lacking,
so as benefits over weigh risks here you can use those tablets as prescribed by your doctor.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.