Planning for a baby. Is it safe to take rabium plus and telekast - l for cough?

May 2013
If some one is taking these medicine (Rabium Plus and Telekast - L) for bad cough and if she expecting pregnancy ..then these medicines are safe for her ??
Posted Mon, 6 Aug 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later

Rabium plus contains rabeprazole which is an antacid and Telekast- L contains montelukast which can be used as anti-allergic,

these two drugs belongs to Category- B drugs in pregnancy,
means animal studies showed no adverse effects on fetal growth but sufficient human studies are lacking,
so as benefits over weigh risks here you can use those tablets as prescribed by your doctor.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.