On medicines for lymphnode tb, have side effects like nausea. What can be done?

17 years age girl diognasysed lymphnode tb medicins are causing severe side effects like vomiting nuesa please suggest what to do my email address is SIDE EFFECTS SUBSIDED BUT ENLARGED LYMPH NODES ARE NOT VANISHING EVEN AFTER TAKING MEDICINE FROM 45 DAYS YYYY@YYYY
Posted Mon, 3 Jun 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 37 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query,

She is having Tuberculosis of Lymph Nodes, when anti tubercular treatment is given few patients may develop nausea and vomiting due to liver toxicity of drugs.

Antitubercular treatment in required for more than 6 months, initially 4 drugs are given then they can be reduced it may take some more time before the lymph nodes reduce in size.

If she is not tolerating all drugs then only drugs which do not cause liver toxicity can be given and then it will take some more time to improve.

1) Let me know what drugs she is taking.
2) You can scan and attach reports so that they can be reviewed.

Please continue her treatment with anti tubercular drugs.

Please take care of her diet which should be good calories and good amount of proteins with fresh fruits. She may be given proper multivitamins to supplements.
Hope this information helps, if you have any further query please ask,
I will be happy to help.

Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M.D.