On finosteroid, vitamin and iron tablets. Affect my sexual erection?

Dear doctor am using finosteroid 1 mg as per dermatologist advice, who suggested me to take tablets in the gap of one day for 24 days in the mean while who has written to take some vitamin and iron tablet, so i would like to know whether the finosteroid may affect my sexual erection
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 1 hour later

The recommended dose of Finasteride is 5 mg orally once a day. It is true that decreased libido, abnormal ejaculation, impotence and abnormal sexual function are some of the side effects of this drug but these side effects are observed in clinical trials when the drug was administered in weekly titration in 1 to 2 to 4 to 8 mg doses over a period of 4 weeks. Moreover these side effects were not permanent and were reversible if the drug was administered not for a long duration of time.

You have been administered the drug for a shorter period of time, so hopefully you should not have these side effects. If you are having any of these side effects then you can talk to your doctor and get the dose decreased.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.