Noticed white spots on inner labia. Tested negative for STD. Do I have genital herpes?

Mar 2013
I recently saw two white spots on my inner labia. They don't burn or itch. I've been tested twice for STDs, results were negative. Last sexual encounter was nearly two years ago, last STD test was about 3 or 4 months after, results were negative. Could the tests have been false negatives? Do I have genital herpes?
Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 39 minutes later

Many women mistakenly associate bumps or boils in the genital area with a lack of personal hygiene. Though at times this may be the reason, in most cases, white dots or bumps on the vagina may be the result of factors such as hormonal fluctuations, excessive sweating, sebaceous cysts or a vaginal infection.

Sebaceous Cysts - A sebaceous cyst develops due to inflamed hair follicles and clogged sweat glands. In most cases , these don't need any treatment.
Genital Herpes - White spots on the vagina are also a sign of genital herpes, however these would be sore and painful.
Vaginal Infections - There are cases where white spots on the vagina are caused by an infection either viral or bacterial, and rarely fungal. HPV and molluscum contagiosum are rare causes.

Do not wear underwear made of synthetic material as this encourages sweating and may cause allergic skin reactions. Tampons, douches etc may cause such allergy. Latex condoms too, but you mention that the last sexual encounter was over two years ago, so this seems unlikely.
Clean the genital area well and wipe dry. Avoid excessive moisture accumulation in the area. Regular exfoliation of the area may also help prevent clogged sweat glands and inflamed hair follicles.
Use a gentle, anti-allergic detergent for your clothes and underwear as this could aggravate the condition as well. Moreover, after washing the underwear through the regular procedure, it is best to rinse it with a solution made of tea tree oil and warm water, just to kill any germs that may be present.
Stay away from products such as soaps, bubble baths and lotions that are scented or contain harsh chemicals.

As your test for STD was negative, and the spots do not itch or burn , I think they are mostly clogged sebaceous cysts or hair follicles, which are quite harmless.

Given the list of somewhat serious conditions that simulate such spots, I would ask you to consult a Gynecologist for a definitive opinion.

Avoid touching / rubbing / lancing them meanwhile.
Take care, and feel free to ask for further clarifications.