Missed period with nausea, light headed and having headaches. Pregnant?

Mar 2013
Hi am 6 daysaway form my period due date. I have been feeling funny all week. I have been nausiated, light headed and having headaches on my forehead. The sysmptoms get worse or the feeling of nausia intensifies when it gets close to close to dinner, lunch and breakfast time. It gets worse when I am hungry. Could I be pregnant?
Posted Thu, 21 Feb 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 10 minutes later
Thanks for trusting us with your health query.
Nausea is strongly associated with early pregnancy, but is by no means confirmatory of pregnancy.
The other symptoms also can occur, but do not definitely prove a pregnancy.
The only way to confirm a pregnancy is to go for a pregnancy test.
You could perform a home pregnancy test 2 days after you have crossed the expected date of your period.
Alternatively, if you miss your period, you could consult a Gynecologist and get a blood pregnancy test or an ultrasound done.
Take care and feel free to ask for further clarifications.
Follow-up: Missed period with nausea, light headed and having headaches. Pregnant? 45 minutes later
Im feeiing light headed na faint. Could this be something else? Thankyou.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 3 hours later
The most common causes could be pregnancy, ectopic pregnancy ( pregnancy outside the uterus ) , rarely due to anemia, thyroid disorders , mild flu, etc.
It is also common for such symptoms to occur prior to periods.
If the symptoms are very troublesome, do not wait , and consult your Gynecologist for a complete check up and evaluation.