Why am I having sudden increase in sense of smell with feverish symptoms?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
I felt feverish this morning and suddenly my sense of smell got stronger too. Should I worry?
Posted Mon, 20 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sonila Borici 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please follow the suggestions below.... Detailed Answer: Hi, I read your medical history and could say that your symptoms show the beginning of a viral infection. I'd suggest to take acetaminophen, vitamin C, drink more fluids, do throat gargle with water and salt. I would like to know if you have traveled recently, to rule out endemic infection? Wishing you fast recovery Dr.Sonila
Follow-up: Why am I having sudden increase in sense of smell with feverish symptoms? 2 hours later
No travel but a lot of exposure to the public. I'm either very sweaty hot or cold to the bone. Smell is normal now
Answered by Dr. Sonila Borici 19 hours later
Brief Answer: Getting cold/flu is common when exposed to public Detailed Answer: Hi again, Thank you for following up. It is common to get cold or flu when being highly exposed to the public. It is also normal to have cold or hot feeling due to the changes in your body temperature while fighting against virus. Take more rest, have tea (I usually prescribe linden tea), take acetaminophen and vitamin C. If no improvement within a week or two or in case you see coughing or other symptoms are being aggravated, should consult your physician for further evaluation (complications). Wish you fast recovery! Dr.Sonila