Is it safe to take a flu shot while suffering from genital herpes as well as chronic Epstein Barr?

I have genital herpes as well as chronic Epstein Barr. My employer wants me to take a flu shot which I have not done in years. It has been years since I have even had a cold which I believe is because of the viruses already in my system. With these ongoing chronic autoimmune issues, is it safe for me to take a flu shot?
Posted Mon, 20 Jan 2014 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Risk of aggravating Epstein-Barr with flu shot... Detailed Answer: Hi, Usually the flu shot helps your body immune system to get protection against the upcoming viral infections. You are referring to suffer of chronic Epstein Barr disease. The very first thing to do is to evaluate your current health condition by your physician/neurologist. This is to prevent a possible aggravation of your current health situation. You can discuss this with your employer and get doctor's physical examination done. All the best in the New upcoming Year! Dr.Benard