Missed one Cerazette pill. Had unprotected sex. What should I do?

I missed one cerazette pill and had unprotected sex what should I do?
Posted Wed, 19 Sep 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 1 hour later

Take missed pill as soon as possible & continue taking daily pills.

There is no need of any emergency contraceptive pills or any barrier contraception.
But you should be regular in taking oral pills because if you miss two or more than two pills, failure rate increases.

I hope your query has been answered. I shall be available for your further queries.

Follow-up: Missed one Cerazette pill. Had unprotected sex. What should I do? 4 days later
Was told to take levonelle one step n continue with my contraceptive and wait for period,problem is I'm on cerazette and haven't had period in 4+ years so how w

Took levonelle one step n to to take my usual cerazette n wait for period but havent had a period for 4+ years so how would I know if it worked? The chance of pregnancy is slim anyway
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 3 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

You should not be pregnant as you have missed just one pill & also have taken Emergency contraceptive pill.

As you are not having period for 4+ years you can do one thing for confirmation, continue your cerazette & get your pregnancy test done either urine or blood test after 30 days of missing your pill.

I hope your query has been answered.